Friday, May 27, 2011

So I have arrived in Sibiu (Hermannstadt); it was a beautiful drive thru the Fagaras Mountains (Transylvanian Alps). This city is beautiful and is like stepping back into the 15th century. i have attached pictures of the street my apartment is located on, its the green door with a number 5 on it; looks rather scary on the outside; however, it is nice on the inside. The buildings architecture here is just awesome! I will pick up my friend Robert Schuster from the airport here this afternoon and then we will be driving to the village that my grandfather came from and stay the weekend there. I will post more on either Saturday or Sunday. BTW Tuica (Romanian Plum Brandy) is awesome good stuff! I am picking up the language pretty good, not anywhere fluent by any means but I can have simple exchanges with the locals. Pa - La Reverde

Tom





















1 comment:

  1. Lots of great pictures. The one of the cat in the window is amazing.

    ReplyDelete