Friday, June 3, 2011

Aerial acrobatic show in Piata Mare in Sibiu

This afternoon they had a aerial acrobatic show in Piata Mare in Sibiu. It is part of the Sibiu Theater Festival held each year. Below are some pictures of the show, stage and cool old buildings in Piata Mare. i went back to the Sebes Archives today and spoke to the priest who speaks english which made things a lot less complicated; however, the woman that takes care of the arvhives it out for health reasons, I will call her next week and hopefully she is back. The archives in Sebes are for Gergeschdorf / Ungurei from 1835 to 1955...they will put all the pieces together on my family research, I hope I can see them before I leave. I went back to Pauca today and looked around the cemetery for more distant relatives. I also visited the Sibiu Saxon cemetery and verified there are no Fisings there; they have a computer database that makes things much easier.

























Pauca village, cemetery, people and area...these pictures are from last weekend since today I forgot my camera battery. Ugh!


















1 comment:

  1. That must have been a beautiful show. The weather looks perfect as well. What great memories you will bring home with you. Talk again soon. Kay

    ReplyDelete